The Minnesota was built by Palmer's Shipbuilding & Iron Co., Newcastle, England in 1866. It was owned by the Guion line and began its maiden voyage in Liverpool on 14 April, 1867 and sailed to New York. Its burthen was 2,869 tons, with dimensions of 335' x 42' and an iron hull. It had one funnel and two masts and used a single-screw powered by inverted engines, with a speed of 10 knots. Its sister ships were the Chicago, Colorado and Manhattan.
It was sold to the Warren Line in 1875 and placed in their Liverpool-Boston service. Its inverted engines were replaced with compound engines and it was renamed the San Ignacio de Loyola in 1886. It was scrapped in 1908.
The image shows a part of the passenger list its journey that started in Liverpool and ended in New York on 18 October, 1869.
The passengers shown are Sara Waite and her children Martha, Levi and Joseph.